to provide every student with a world-class education allowing them to graduate college, career and life ready.
Allendale County Schools is a small rural district with a big heart. The size of the community coupled with the proximity of the schools has truly created a family environment.
• Fairfax Elementary serves children ages 3 through grade 2
• Allendale-Fairfax Middle serves grades 7-8
• Allendale-Fairfax High serves grades 9-12
• Allendale-Fairfax Learning Center serves students in grades 6- 12 whose educational needs can best be served in an alternative setting.
• Introducing additional career clusters. Law enforcement has been added for students interested in this field.
• Introducing problem based learning. The high school has launched the New Tech Network (NTN) model with the incoming freshman class. The NTN also facilitates students acquiring the life and career characteristics – integrity, self-direction, work ethics, and interpersonal skills – that are necessary for them to be a successful graduate.
• Introducing elementary and middle school students to foreign languages through the Rosetta Stone Language Lab.
• Providing opportunities in the Arts through music, chorus, the Steel Band, drama productions, and band.
• Providing STEAM camps where students can explore science, technology, engineering, arts and math through academic enrichment.
Leila W. Williams, Ed.S.