Welcome to the AFMHS library web page. Our library collection has a growing collection of books, ebooks, and materials. You will find research is made easy through several of our online subscriptions such as DISCUS. We offer 12 computer stations for student use in the library media center. Student and curriculum support for classrooms is a primary function of the library media center. We are staffed with knowledgeable personnel who will attempt to find answers to any of your questions. We are located in the center of the building between the Middle and High school halls.
The mission of the AFMHS Media Center is to ensure that our students and staff are effective and ethical users and producers of resources, ideas, and information and are life-long readers who love to read for pleasure and information so that our students are college and career ready.
Policies and Procedures
- Students must have a pass from a teacher or administrator to come to the library before school, during school, and during lunch. After school students do not need a pass.
- Cell Phones are NOT allowed in the library!
- Students must sign-in when entering the library.
Computer & Printing Information:
- DO NOT share your username or password with any student.
- Computers are for educational purposes only, any other use can result in losing computer privileges and/or having your account disabled.
- Students must abide by the school code of conduct and follow the rules outlined in the code of conduct policy.
- Printing jobs under twenty pages are free to print in the library anything more than twenty pages may result in a fee.
- Macbooks and IPads follow the same rules and policies as mentioned in the acceptable use policy.
- Students are allowed to check out 3 books at a time.
- Books are allowed to be checked out for 2 weeks at a time with the exception of Reference books and certain special collection books.
- Students with fines over $10.00 are not allowed to check out books until the fine is paid.
- Books must be brought back in order to renew it.
- Students are responsible for the replacement cost of any lost or damaged library material.
- Magazines can be checked out overnight only.
- Newspapers cannot be checked out.
- Student library privileges can be restricted or revoked if needed.
- Unpaid fines/fees stay with the student until their senior year. Seniors will not be permitted to walk on graduation day if they owe any unpaid fines.
Media Center Hours
Monday – Friday 7:30 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
Media Center Extensions
Email the Media Specialist