News From EHS Classroom A-0 Mixson/Priester/Elmore
We want to welcome everybody back for the 2013-2014 School Year. We here in the infant’s room plan on having a successful and fun-filled year. We understand that your child comes to us with unique experiences, interests and learning styles. Our goal is to truly get to know your child’s strengths and weaknesses and use this knowledge to guide, support and motivate him or her. We believe that good teaching requires continual professional development, personal reflection and collaboration between teachers and parents. We value parent involvement and encourage you to partner with us to give your child an exceptional and rewarding learning experience. Below are some things you can do at home to help your child.
- Read to your child and allow him or her to look at books and reading materials daily.
- Ask your child about his/her day and take an interest in what he/she is learning. Just because his/her language is not fully developed that does not mean that he/she doesn’t understand or comprehend simple words. The more words infants and toddlers hear helps with their communication and language skills.
- Make sure he/she gets enough sleep.
- Set limits on the amount of television your child watches.
- Make sure your child has enough to eat and that the food is healthy.